Sunday, January 9, 2011

How can you tell if you live in a banana republic?

When this is the local news, you might have to think about it:

Sheriff Dupnik also made a passionate plea for cooler heads to prevail in political debate, decrying the vitriolic tone of some talk radio hosts.

When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous. And, unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the Capital. We have become the Mecca for prejudice and bigotry.

Dupnik later added that such "vitriol might be free speech, but it's not without consequences."

Sheriff: Shooter in custody, seeking person of interest


My condolences to the families of the slain and wounded.

It would be nice to think that somewhere, someone might think about dialing back the rhetoric, but I can't think that because I am not delusional.

Suffice to say I am glad to be here, and not there. But I am very sad to be thusly made glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment