Saturday, September 17, 2011

A year in Oz

Well, I survived my first year in Oz. To celebrate I had a Whopper at Hungry Jack's, which is what they call Burger King out here. It was just as lousy as the real American deal.

So what penetrating insight do I have on this august occasion? Well, two of them:

1) There's a lot more movies shown on TV. Late at night, several stations broadcast full-length movies. We've got District 9, Pitch Black, and Star Trek on the DVR now. Also, I've watched sub-titled French and Spanish flicks.

2) They show full frontal nudity on broadcast TV here. After 9:00 PM, it's presumed adults are watching, and are therefore capable of not only seeing graphic senseless violence (just like in America) but the occasional thematically appropriate nudity.

2 comments:

  1. Re. movies, they also leave the four-letter words in, even the really bad one.

    Happy arrival-in-Australia anniversary!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, **** ya, I **** totally **** forgot **** that **** word. :D

    ReplyDelete