Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BBQ!

Here's a picture of my birthday present:



Notice that huge, ugly flat spot on the left? That's a big iron plate. While I was at the BBQ store, I pointed to it and said, "What the heck is that?"

The clerk said all the Americans that come in say the same thing. Cheaper Aussie BBQs have nothing but a flat plate! I don't understand why; if you don't have a grill, it's not a BBQ, it's a stove. I already have a stove, thank you.

Anyway, I bought another grill rack to replace it, and cooked burgers for the Aussie relations for my birthday. I've also cooked chicken and steak on it (I think this might be Sara's present, too, since I suddenly seem to be cooking dinner twice a week). The good news is, I can eat steak again! Properly cooked, I can't tell it's grass-fed instead of corn-fed.

But at $27 a kilo, I don't think I can eat a lot of steak.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you just got used to Aussie and no longer notice the difference.

    Hmm - 27 a kilo. I don't think Aussie beef cost that much outside of Aussie land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be true - I had a steak at Outback while in the USA and was not impressed.

    ReplyDelete