Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The End of Politics

It's over. Sanity prevailed; presumably people will conclude that not releasing your taxes, flip-flopping with abandon, and telling outright lies (Jeeps to China!) does not win elections; and thus, the next election will abound with disclosure, principle, and integrity.

Already my prediction is coming true. Bill O'Reilly speaks with naked candor now:

The white establishment is now the minority.

The "w" word has crawled out into the open, like Nosferatu at the end of the movie, blinking in the revealing light of day. Just before he bursts into flames.

In any case I can shut up about it for a while. I am sure that is a welcome development to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. It's always interesting to get a foreign perspective (even if you're not truly.)

    We'll just have to wait and see what kind of circus happens 4 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I'm not a foreigner... but I do feel like I have a foreign perspective.

    The zeitgeist here is just not as depressing. The level of fear and dread is just lower, somehow, and that fact percolates into everything. It took me a year or so before I felt the difference, but now, when I talk to my American friends, it seems so obvious.

    ReplyDelete