Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

My in-laws made Thanksgiving dinner for me. It wasn't quite the same, as nothing is here. I went to the store to buy a pecan pie, and naturally I went straight to the isle marked "Frozen Pies." Which contained nothing but meat.

Eventually I found the "Frozen Desserts" section, but to no avail. Sara made an apple pie instead. Later, though, we got a pecan pie from a farmer's market, so the technology has crossed the border.

Over the weekend we cleaned out the garage. Our ship has come in, and we're not ready. We'll be staying with mum and dad until I get a job, which means our stuff will be staying with them too. Since they already have their own stuff, this is a bit of a problem. I tried to convince them to sell all their furniture and just use ours, but oddly, they weren't interested.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the lack of work.
    To keep your skills up, try doing some freelance programming.

    Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm writing a map generator for D&D... does that count? :D

    ReplyDelete