Monday, January 23, 2012

American infantilism

This is what is wrong with the political process in America:

“I’m not saying Obama hasn’t done anything good, and maybe it’s not fair to blame him or the administration, but I just think there were more expectations for an improvement on economic issues,” said Elaine Vignali, 60, a homemaker and independent voter from Uniontown, Pa. She added that she was deeply frustrated, declaring: “To be honest, if I had to vote today I wouldn’t vote.”

Poll shows how stupid Americans are

The problem with politics in America is the electorate; namely, that they are emotion-driven, short-sighted, and selfish. That is to say, infantile.

When your response to the failure of democracy to produce the result you wanted is to quit participating, you are an idiot.

It also demonstrates that you do not understand how democracy works. I am continually amazed at how little the public (both Left and Right) seems to understand the basics of democratic government. Didn't these people have Civics classes in high school?

I am sorry, Elaine; but you are an idiot.

2 comments:

  1. If you live in Texas, which about 10% of the country does. Then no you don't have a civics class. You get a 'government' class that is a weak american history class mostly focused on supreme court decisions. I'm sure there are states where its worse. Does Australia have national education standards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know.. I've never gone to school here. :D

    Still unsure on the powers of states vs feds here. I will have to check into it.

    But remember, voting in Australia is compulsory. You get fined if you don't vote!

    ReplyDelete