Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Final edits on Kassa

My final edits for THE KASSA GAMBIT were accepted tonight. Woot! Now I can forget about it and move on to the next one.

Editing certainly improved the book, but I hate doing it. I try to write from an emotional trajectory, and when I sit down to look at an individual paragraph, I usually can't remember what I'm supposed to be feeling at that moment, so I don't know what text will fit.

On the other hand it's great to have someone else helping with it. Stacy caught a few time-line mistakes, and whacked at least one embarrassingly overwrought sentence. Apparently I was a little too caught up in the emotion of that scene.

I've been thinking about a Prudence sequel, but right now I'm working on the dog book (Sirius). I don't know how it will pan out - the book has a tricky landing at the end and I am not sure I can stick it. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment