Friday, January 7, 2011

The difference between here and there

Here, Julia Guillard doesn't believe in God:

FAINE: Do you believe in God?

PM: No, I don't Jon, I'm not a religious person.

PM tells it as she sees it on the God issue


There, Bill O'Reilly doesn't believe in the moon:

“I’ll tell you why [religion is] not a scam, in my opinion,” he told Silverman. “Tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication. You can’t explain that. You can’t explain why the tide goes in.”

Bill O'Reilly on Science: You Can't Explain the Tides


Well, then. I guess I'll stop nit-picking the flaws in my new homeland.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I think I disrupted co-workers by laughing at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been some argument that he was trying to refer to the regularity of nature, and was just using the moon as an example. Apparently he's said the same about the sun: "Sun goes up, sun goes down."

    Not that it helps. Even leaving aside the deep confusion such an argument displays, if Bill does knows about the moon he had an epic failure to communicate, which is almost as bad given that his entire job is communication. Although, I suppose, the rebuttal is that his job is entertainment, and he did that very well. :D

    ReplyDelete